GIA Match iD™
For important FAQs relating to the GIA Match iD™, click here.
The GIA Match iD™ is an inscription viewing instrument that, when paired with the iOS version of the GIA App, can connect to GIA’s secure database to match a loose diamond to its GIA digital grading report using Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology. Equipped with a high-definition camera, it allows users to view a diamond’s GIA laser inscription and transmits the image to the GIA App where it is captured and analyzed. By analyzing the physical characteristics of the diamond inscription along with the inscription number, the AI-powered GIA App is able to match the inscription image to its corresponding grading report in the GIA database, thus confirming that the diamond is accompanied by an authentic GIA grading report. The GIA App must be connected to the internet to communicate with GIA’s secure database.
The GIA Match iD™ can view inscriptions on loose diamonds from 0.15 to 12 carats. Inscription matching is available for all loose diamonds with GIA Diamond Dossier® reports and most diamonds with Diamond Grading Reports issued on or after February 22, 2022.
- Inscription matching function when paired with the GIA App - (iOS only)
- High-definition camera
- 5” built-in LDC display
- Adjustable LED lighting with flexible light to illuminate all diamond shapes
- Preset magnification and easy focus adjustment to view girdle inscription
- Diamond rotation and elevation adjustments built-in to the diamond stage
- Powered by 5v USB-C, standard to all USB adapters and power banks
- 4ft USB-C power cable and wall adapter included
- Multiple holders for round brilliant as well as fancy shape diamonds
GIA Match iD and Inscription Matching Service:
- Available for loose diamonds only
- Ideal for round brilliant cut diamonds
- Available for fancy shape diamonds. Matching results may vary depending on placement of inscription
- Available for all diamonds with GIA Diamond Dossier® reports and most diamonds with Diamond Grading Reports issued after on or after February 22, 2022
The iOS version of the GIA App is required to perform inscription matching. Click here to download the GIA App.